Need a quick rundown on costs? Each job is unique, so once we know more about what you’re after, we can give you a quote. But, in the meantime, here are some ballpark estimates for our most popular electrical services.
All prices exclude GST and are a guide only and do not include travel or materials.
LABOUR AND TRAVEL RATES
Residential Electricians: Our minimum charge is $140 (+ GST) including the first hour, then $89/hour (+ GST), plus materials.
- Commercial Electricians: $89/hour labour + $35/hour vehicle & tools charge (+GST), plus materials.
- Emergency 24/7 electricians: Our minimum Emergency call-out charge is $385 (+ GST) (including the first three hours of work).
- Apprentice electricians: $65/hour labour (+ GST) are sent out during installation jobs to help as it makes the work much faster.
- Install new power point in existing house with RCD (residual current device): $260
- Install new power point in existing house without RCD: $160
- Install outdoor power point (inc RCD): $275
- Install outdoor power point (exc RCD): $200
- Install new hot water cylinder power connection: $230
- Install new downlight: $80 (per unit)
- Replace existing downlights with LED: $50 (per unit)
- Replace single light switch: $32
- Install new bathroom fan (150mm inline unit): $320
- Install spa outlet: $600
- 40-way switchboard upgrade (inc all circuit protection and installation): $1,250
- Electrical inspection: $130
- Electrical Report (eg pre-purchase home inspection or certificate of verification). Includes written report on any defects and/or items requiring remedial work: $300
- Certificate of Compliance (COC)/Electrical Safety Certificate (ESC): $35
- Rewire 3-bedroom home (inc new outlets, switchboard, basic light fittings and switches): $6,000 – $8000
- Full house renovation/extension (inc all new wiring and equipment, power outlets, lighting, data, switchboard, alarm, design and plan): $13,000 – $18,000
- Garage wiring (inc 2 lights and 2 power points, switchboard and submain up to 15m): $1,300